Katherine Richardson's details
- Country: America (Danish resident)
- Region: Copenhagen
- Studies: Professor in Biological Oceanography
- University: Københavns Universitet
- Katherine Richardson's presentations
Katherine Richardson is Vice-Dean at the faculty of Science at the University of Copenhagen and Professor in Biological Oceanography. She has been active both as a member and chairman of several national and international research committees and advisory bodies working on various environmental challenges. She was Chairman of the Danish Government’s Commission on Climate Change Policy. In 2009, she has also organized the scientific conference, CLIMATE CHANGE: Global Risks, Challenges and Decisions, which sought to inform the 2010 United Nations Climate Change Conference.
- Professor, Vice Dean at University of Copenhagen
- Vice Dean at Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen
- Was Chairman for the Danish Government’s Climate Commission
- Was Chairman of Evaluation Panel PE 8(Earth System Science); European Research Council (ERC)
- Was a member of Scientific Committee, European Environmental Agency.
- Was Chairman Steering Committee for “Blue Reef project” an EU supported nature restoration project in the ocean.
- Was Chairman, working group responsible for preparing input concerning Natural Sciences to the Danish national research strategy
- Was a member of a Danish/Swedish Committee to recommend a monitoring program to record any environmental effects of the Bridge over the Øresund.
- Was Chairman of Subgroup on Marine and Freshwater. Strategic Environment Research Program (“Strategisk Miljøforskningsprogram”)